Tuesday 1 December 2009

Ice Ice baby...

Tuesday run session today. This is a 4k run out, session, 4k run back.

I was up at 5am, headed out at 530am to get there for 6am (a very steady pace). The session was based on lactate threshold and sustaining it for a distance then doubling and trebling the distance to see if the pace at LT stayed the same. My LT is at a pace of about 4:40/km, this equates to a 46/47 min 10k, need to work on it!

It was so bloody freezing but I had prepared for it, I had some running tights and 2 pairs of shorts, a base layer t shirt, a running jacket and a bright yellow wind jacket which keeps the heat in, gloves and 2 pairs of socks.... there was no way I was getting cold.

Also, I have found that Jelly Babies are excellent run nutrition, I carry a little bag in back pocket and it keeps me topped up on sugars. If I ever feel drained or 'hit the wall' these sweets are an instant boost. Try it.

1 comment:

  1. Jelly Babies are the food of the gods, mate. A super secret weapon against bonking. They dissolve in the mouth, give you a super sugar hit and if you buy the right ones the gelling agent is based on cows... so you get a little bit of protein, too.

    Enjoy.
    Bopo

    ReplyDelete