Tuesday 29 December 2009

Hello Granny...

I went to do some hill training. I found a nice hill, or so I thought... I did a little loop of 5km with some spinning and (attempted) single leg drills (not easy away from the turbo). I head to this hill and aimed to climb up it at a steady pace with a controlled pedalling motion. I hoped to get up in 39x23 but ended up in 39x25 (my granny gear).
I underestimated the hill, or overestimated my hill climbing ability, and steady went out the window. 2/3 from the top I had to stand otherwise I may have come to a complete stop and just tumbled over... once at the top I felt like my lungs were going to come out of my mouth. I did it one more time but was hoping to complete at least 3 reps but I felt if I did another I would see my breakfast again.

I then went and did a lap of 7km at steady pace, a cool down pace, spinning my way back.

Once back I did a few calcs and found the hill average is 14% but I reckon the final 50m are at least 25%. Maybe my calcs are wrong... Ill double check the hill and check my garmin again, maybe tomorrow, maybe day after.

No comments:

Post a Comment