Tuesday 8 December 2009

To go faster you must go slower

Run session today at Millfields Park. I always enjoy this session, it's run by my coach and the session is always challenging and a bit different too.

Today I decided to cycle rather than run there, give the legs a little break and set me up for the week to come.

The session was again working on Lactate tolerance, this included 6x1k laps, starting out easy with 'X' number of strides in the middle and as the intervals go on the amount of strides get larger. We started out with 50 strides, then 70, 100, 170, 200 and finally 250. 250 strides covered just about the entire 1k. The strides were done at LT level.

Towards the end of the intervals I could feel the lactic acid building so these workouts are excellent for my tolerance of this.

An excellent session, just wish the weather was better!

No comments:

Post a Comment