Tuesday 13 October 2009

It's getting colder...

Up at 5am today to go to the weekly run session. As always its a 4k run out, do the session followed by a 4k run back, well, it was more of a run/walk back as I hard a crippling stitch and couldn't run it off.

The session consisted again of running a 1km loop doing 'x' amount of 'strides' then doing some circuit training in the middle of these loops.

The circuit training exercises are aimed at strengthening the core muscles by doing step up exercises, plank exercise and explosive jumping exercises.
The session was a lot harder today, harder circuits and harder running, but all very worthwhile.

Also, the temperature has taken a nose dive. I don't know what the temp was but it was very cold; at one point I could see steam coming off my head and face. Winter is coming.

4k run out

Run/Circuit Training Session

4k run/walk back

Didn't write yesterday because I didn't do anything..... weigh in though - no change, 77.3kg - thats depressing.

Turbo day tomorrow and heading up north so will get some trail running in whilst I'm up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment