Friday 2 October 2009

Break it down

No major news today. Its been a slow one.

Skipped the early start and decided I'd hit the turbo again instead of swimming. Jumped on for a steady continuous paced 1 hour session, keeping my heart rate around 160/165, just below my lactate threshold - I think.

Just a quick note, for those who don't know what an Ironman or any distance triathlon consists of I will list them below.

Super Sprint - 400m swim, 10km (or sometimes 20km) bike and a 5km run

Sprint - 750m swim, 20km bike and 5km run

Olympic - 1.5km swim, 40km bike and 10km run

Half Ironman/Middle - 1.9km swim, 90km bike and 21.1km run (half marathon)

Ironman - 3.8km swim, 180km bike and 42.2km run (marathon)

These distances may differ slightly depending on the race, but these are the standards.
So as you can see, it is no easy task... I need to be more disciplined with getting out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment