Saturday 16 January 2010

Weekend

Well the weekend arrived and as I haven't done a great deal of training this week I thought I better get some in. Today I went out running this morning, 13k in 1hr 5mins, so not overly fast but a bit more effort than my usual endurance low effort runs. I headed over to Highgate West Hill, a favourite spot of my to run now, the hill always makes the legs ache and HR rise but no pain no gain! My Base period is coming to an end soon and I'm looking forward to some Build work, some bricks and high intensity to get the speed back in my legs!

Tomorrow I'm planning on getting out on the bike. I'm going to head to Regents Park and do some technique work and maybe a TT of some sort... I'm thinking 40k, again this will be a much higher effort than previous Base work but my coach has given me a bit of freedom this weekend with it. Ill report tomorrow.

Further info; Monaco 70.3 is now dead, the event organisers, Triangle Events, have pulled out from organising any tri in Monaco. However, a company called Star Events have taken it upon themselves to organise one there but it won't be an Ironman branded race or even a middle distance event, in fact, it will be an odd distance event - 1km swim, 100km bike, 10km run... a bit shorter than my goal so Vitruvian is my new chosen 'A' race. Also, the London triathlon have made a new race for this year called the London Triathlon Plus, this is an extra 40km on the bike so 1.5km swim, 80km bike and 10km run, an excellent warm up for my 'A' race a month later!

No comments:

Post a Comment