Wednesday 6 January 2010

More hills

Yesterday I went on an easy long ride. 52km - 2hrs, pretty much totally flat. I rode from Cagnes Sur Mer right along the coast to the end of the Promenade Des Anglais and back again. The weather wasn't great, it was a bit wet and windy but a nice way to spin out the legs and get a bit of pace into my ride. If it wasn't for getting lost when I passed the airport I think my average speed would have been more like 28-29 or maybe even 30km/h. My next long ride will be tomorrow, I'm looking to go 4hrs, 90k.... we shall see.

Today the weather is amazing, sunny but not too warm (very different to the cold snowy weather of the UK)... perfect weather for training. I did an hour of hill reps today. I found a hill that I do 100 strides (strides are where you count one foot, working on perfect technique, a strong proud posture, arm swinging forward not across the body and feet landing more middle foot not rear foot) down and then jog gently up. I did small 5 min warm up, 10 reps of the hill and 5 min warm down. I took it very easy, not pushing too hard as I'm still in Base Period, which comes to an end in 2 weeks, and sets me up for my long ride for tomorrow.
I hope the weather stays sunny for the remainder of my stay here for more training!

Going out for dinner tonight, better not eat anything too heavy otherwise I may end up feeling a bit bloated/heavy tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment