Sunday 17 January 2010

Shitty Sunday

I was hoping today was going to be productive day as far as training was concerned. I had planned, as said below in previous post, to go to Regents Park and work on some cycling drills and do a 40k TT. All was well, the weather was looking good and I headed out, until, I got a puncture, about 1.5km from my home along Holloway road. I have never had a puncture before and have limited inner tube removing/installing experience but I gave it a go anyway and ended up pinching the new inner tube and puncturing that too.... what a dillop.

I walked back and re-inspected the tyre and tube and found a big cut in the side of my tyre wall, I then repaired the two inner tubes and installed them correctly and re-inflated to see the inner tube bulging out of the big gash in my tyre.... great... I need a new tyre, I need a new stock of inner tubes, there goes another £50. I'm currently using Continental Gator Skins, up until now they have been a solid and impenetrable so I'm going to put my faith in them again.

So the ride was out, I thought I would try and fix my clicking turbo and hop on that... no chance, the clicking will not stop and is unbelievable annoying and I'm going to have to post it back to Wiggle for them to fix which means I will be turbo-less for god knows how long.

So in summary, today has been a humongous failure. On the bright side though the missus and I are going to see Cirque du Soleil tonight which should be pretty amazing.

Here's hoping my training will get better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment