Tuesday 19 January 2010

Tuesday Run session

Back to the Tuesday run sessions, the club run session conducted by the same guy who coaches me. Its a 5k run there and a 5k run back plus the session so is a decent, challenging session. Sometimes, I may cycle there but as my bike is missing a tyre I couldn't even consider it.

I was up at 5am and out the door by 530am, a steady pace to cover the 5k in 30 mins and made it just by 6am. We (5 of us) head off to Springfield park area where there is a shortish hill which is perfect for repeats and drills.

We started off by doing drills of heel flicks, high knees, side stepping, lunges and reverse lunges, each time moving up the hill and on each repeat going further up it. Following this, we did a main set of reverse running up the hill followed by side stepping down, holding a steady pace up and not slowing when reaching the summit. Then we did 3 full hill repeats forward running looking to reach maximum power at the summit and gentle jog back down.

This was an hour in total followed by a warm down run back to Millfield Park. I then ran the 5k back, again at a steady pace covering the 5k in 30 mins.

As always I enjoyed this session and look forward to more hill work next week, even though the hills don't compare to those I conquered in the South of France.

On to something a bit different; my wife has started a blog (not training, triathlon or anything sweat inducing but very good) and I wanted to post it on here for my readers (do I even have any? doubt it) to see - Love, Lemons and Lenses

And, my Father-in-law has also begun a blog, something a bit more serious - Poleminous Speaks

Have a read of both

1 comment: