Tuesday 12 January 2010

Back to life, back to reality....

The weather last week, even in the South of France, wasn't great and stopped me from doing my ride that I wanted to do, it put me off stepping out to do any exercise at all, but I'm back in London and must get back into the training plan and my regular routine.

My wife and I had a bit of trouble getting back from the South of France; our flight on Saturday was cancelled so we had to get one on Sunday instead... not too bad... an extra day on holiday!
I hate traveling, especially to and from London airports because it normally means taxi, train and not much change out of £60 for both of us, so I wasn't very happy to do all that and get back to a leaky bloody toilet! Called the plumber yesterday and he came this morning, which meant I couldn't go to the run session in Millfields park as I wouldn't have got back in time, so I head out at 530am on my own over to Highgate West Hill for a longish run with a couple of hill repeats and back again in time for the Plumber.
A nice run, even in the cold weather. Took it at a steady pace, about 6min/km and then powered up the hill and cruised back down, I then spun round at the bottom to head back up again, conscious of the time though, I had to turn round half way up and head back to make sure I made it for the Plumber, lucky I did because he was just walking up to my door when I got back. My wife would not have been happy having to get out of bed early to open the door in her PJ's to a 50 something cockney plumber!

1hr 20 mins, just under 13km and a fixed toilet!

All in all a successful training session back in the big smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment