Sunday 24 January 2010

A decent week

Overall this week has been pretty successful, I only missed one session and nailed the others, so I'm pretty happy especially as the 2 weeks prior had been very poor.

Friday - This was the missed swim session but I did jump on the turbo after work. A 45 min workout at a steady pace. Also as a warm up, 1 min in each gear on the rear, which is quite a toughy considering on my turbo wheel I have an 11-21 cassette, coupled with the fact that the CycleOps fluid 2's resistance is much harder than the road, needless to say, it raised my HR a beat or 50.

Saturday - Yesterday I went with my coach to do some bike drills and a 10mile TT. This was done on a 1 mile stretch of road with a roundabout at each end. The road was reasonably quiet and safe and on every loop I shouted out my HR, so next time we have some benchmarks and can measure any progress. I did it in 29mins, average speed 31km/h, which, considering the time of year and the base work Ive been doing (and lack of speed work), I was reasonably happy with. Once my build work starts I would hope to average 33/34km/h if not more.

I bought some second hand Oval clip-on TT bars for my bike as I wanted a change from the ones I have... what a mistake, they are not comfortable and not long enough, Ill be putting the old ones back on and sticking with them I think!

Heading out for a run now then into the gym for some core and weights work.

1 comment:

  1. it's like reading a foreign language...i don't know what any of it means! xx

    ReplyDelete