Tuesday 24 November 2009

West Hill

Tuesdays are normally reserved for the run session with Tri London but unfortunately the coach who takes that session is away, I decided that I would venture to new areas for something different. London isn't famous for its hills, there are not many and those that there are are pretty poor, I know of 3 decent hills; the first being East Heath Road hill which is on the west side of Hampstead heath, I haven't been there but I hear it is ok, the second being Muswell Hill, this I have both run and cycled up, it is a short hill of about 500m but is quite steep and would be ideal for reps, cycling or running, and finally there is Highgate West Hill, this is where my pavement pounding took me this morning and apparently was used in the Tour of Britain cycle race.

I was up at 545am and out for 615, I stayed at a steady pace keeping the HR very aerobic. Unfortunately the path to West Hill takes me up Holloway road and Tufnell Park road, both of which are uninspiring, especially when there is traffic. Following my google map I found the hill and steadily conquered it, as this is the closest of the 3 hills I feel I will be re-visiting more frequently. All in all I covered about 11k in just over an hour (very slow) with a decent hill in the middle.

West Hill profile

No comments:

Post a Comment