Friday 6 November 2009

Finally Friday.

I went to the Tri London swim session this morning, a nice 5am get up for the 6am session. Its held at Cally pool which is nice because its a warm pool unlike Highbury pool which is always cold, everytime I get out of I'm shivering.

I ran there, only about 1.5miles so a nice little warm-up before I have even got in the pool. I also ran back afterwards.

The swim session was excellent, is a while since I have been to one. Started off with7x50m of drills, fists and running finger up side, then a main set of 600m w/ pull buoy followed by 6x100m with 20seconds rest in between at 400m pace, 400m w/ pull buoy followed by 4x100m with 20seconds rest in between at 400m pace, it did go further than this but I had to go at 7:10 to get to work early. I didn't push it and kept it slow and steady. All in all, including the warm-up I covered about 2800m.

They have a coach there who gave me a few pointers about my stroke, hopefully with a bit of work I can improve my technique and improve my times.... swimming is all about technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment