Tuesday 3 November 2009

Dimanche, Lundi et Mardi


Sunday - Long run day today. Aiming for a straight run steady pace with a average aerobic HR for 1 hour. I started out with 10 mins on drills to get warmed up. The drills consisted of lunges, high cadence and knees up, get some funny looks in the park when doing some of these. I did 1 hour of steady running, I felt like I could have kept going for a good 30 mins or more.

Monday - I took a rest day, wasn't feeling up to anything.

Tuesday - Went to the run session today, horrible weather and I got soaked. Today it consisted of a 4k run out, stretching and lower body work. The lower body work consisted single leg work like hopping around cones, lunges and explosive lunges, this left me with aching legs and it was just the bloody warm-up! We then ran 4 loops of 1k looking at high cadence, trying to up our cadence for more efficient running. Generally a cadence of 180-190 steps/min is recommended, mine was at around 175, so a bit low. High cadence gives better technique and promotes mid-foot and fore-foot striking rather than heel striking which can be bad for the joints and also gives a 'braking' effect. Following all this it was a 4k run back, needless to say it was a slow run back as my legs felt a bit punished!

No comments:

Post a Comment