Thursday 11 March 2010

Its all coming together...

On Tuesday I should have made it to the run session but due to plain laziness (and tiredness) I couldnt get out of bed. I contacted the coach though and asked him about the session so that on Tuesday night I could do the session on my own as to not fall behind in the 4-week plans the run coach sets out.

We are still working on endurance intervals, looking at pacing. Similar to last week but with longer intervals.

The run session group used a loop of 1km, I used 1.6km (1 mile) just to make it a bit more painful!

I jogged the loop first as a gentle warm up, get the blood flowing.

Main Set

1 loop at a pace which felt comfortable to me - I aimed to just run on feel and see what time I had at the end. The time was 7min 17secs, not a bad speed but a hard one to keep up for the remaining intervals.

I then went on to do 2 loops timed then rest, then 3 loops timed and rest. The idea is is that each loop with be the same speed as the first. Again, this is to teach us about pacing and not going out too hard at the start.

I managed to hold this pace for every interval and actually posted a PB for 5k.

See the garmin link --- http://connect.garmin.com/activity/26556881

A gentle jog to cool down too.

Yesterday was meant to be my rest day, I'm supposed to do a little conditioning work and thats it but conditioning work is boring, it involves weights and the gym and considering I would have to go to the gym at 5pm when its full of all the pumped up posers I didnt fancy it. I decided a nice solid row was called for. 10k again. Posted a better time than last week of 40mins 30secs. A harder effort but I still feel I had some in the tank for a better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment