Saturday 13 March 2010

Catch Up

Friday - I missed my turbo session on Thursday so decided I would do it on Friday instead of swimming. A good session, hard and making progress.

This was the session:

Warm-up: 5 mins steady

Main set: 6 intervals of 10 min each: 2x 7 min @ 60% and 3 min @ 85%, 2x 6 min @ 60% and 4 min @ 85%, 2x 5 min @ 60%, 5 min @ 85%.

Cool-down: 5 mins steady. Aim to spin 100rpm through all gears.

Average speed was up t 25.2km/h, which on my turbo, I think, is pretty good considering it is much harder than riding on the road.

Today - I planned to go to Box Hill, Surrey, with the Tri Club but due to a massive balls up by me I wasn't ready in time and missed it. Went on a ride on my own instead. I planed to ride up to Potters bar (20km) then do a loop up to Hertford and back to Potters Bar (33km) twice. Half way round the first loop I realised I had forgot my wallet and money, meaning that if I have any technical issues I wouldnt be able to get a taxi or train! Due to this I only did one loop and headed home after - 75km ish in total. Not a bad ride though, pushed a decent pace and felt strong, I could have easily done another loop at that pace and next time I will.

Here is a link to the ride ---> Today's Hertford Ride, click me.

Hopefully going to London Fields Lido tomorrow for a decent swim (as I haven't done any this week) then a long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment