Monday 22 March 2010

10km TT

I did a 10km TT run yesterday, just to see where I am with speed and to set a bench mark. My previous PB is 47:30, I did this at last years Bupa London 10k. I went out with the intention of pushing as hard as I can for the whole 10k, eyes bleeding or whatever, I wanted a PB. Given all the gains I have made in my endurance I was confident I could get a PB, actually hoping for sub 47. Well, this wasn't to be, I came in at 47:54. Slightly disappointed.

Here is the garmin link ---> 10km TT click me

I attribute my slow time to a few things:

  1. I went out way too fast - strategy was very poorly thought out. You can see from the splits on the garmin link that my first 2km were ran at an average pace of 4:13/km, I should have been cruising more at 4:30 pace. Grave error.
  2. Given the stage of my training I'm at, speed work is only just creeping in and I shouldn't expect too much (obviously I do).
  3. My running shoes are worn and don't give me the comfort and support they used. After this run I promptly purchased a new pair - Adidas Adizero, the same as Haile Gebrselassie, so can't be bad!
Still, its a good bench mark and a good target on which to improve.

Today I went to the gym after work for some conditioning work, but when I go to the gym I feel guilty for not doing any cardio so I went on the rower first to do a 2000m TT. Set a PB, 7:15.5, pretty happy with that. Thats an average of 1:48.9/500m.

I then did some conditioning work working abs and core, this is something I should do more of and intend to do more of.

No comments:

Post a Comment