Monday 5 April 2010

Back in the UK

Had a good week in France, plenty or R & R and training too. Monday and Tuesday I put in 30 mins on the rower and some gym work followed by 30 min runs. Wednesday I went to the beach with the wetsuit and did some OW swimming, under estimated how hard this was going to be as I haven't done any OW since last June. The Mediterranean was a lot colder than I had expected and it was a windy rough day. So, 20 mins in the sea. A nice reminder of what it is like and that I need to do some more OW swimming, which I will be doing from May time.
Friday I went on a long ride, up the Col De Vence ( a cat 1 TdF climb) and then down to Cagnes and along the sea front to Nice and then back. Here is the link ---> Col De Vence Ride

Back in the UK now and back into training. Today is Bank Holiday Monday so a good chance to put in a good effort and get back into my usual routine, if I ever had one?! I went to RP to put in a Med-Hard 40km timed effort, not a TT or all out but not far off. I had hoped for a better performance but the real test will be in a couple of months when I have done a lot more speed work. The link includes the ride to and from Regents Park, if you want to see my 40km effort click on the 'Splits' option and click on the middle split. Here is the link ----> Regents Park 40km effort

The coach who normally does the run session on Tuesdays at Millfields Park is away for a couple of weeks so I will be off out running tomorrow to do my own running session.

No comments:

Post a Comment