Sunday 11 April 2010

Long Ride - Richmond Park

I did my 'long ride' today. Normally my rides take me up to Hertfordshire on a loop I know well and like, but today I decided to find my way to Richmond Park and see what all the fuss is about.
The journey down there was a bit of a nightmare, not knowing where I was going and getting lost a couple of times made it hard to enjoy. My route took me across Blackfriars bridge and through south London down busy roads and dual carriage ways. Once I made it there though, it was worth the hassle. Richmond Park is something else, its beautiful, large, busy and full of wildlife. At one point there was a large (30 or so) herd of Deer just chilling in the fields which was a nice sight and unexpected considering the hustle and bustle outside of RP. A loop of RP is about 10km, maybe a bit more and is mostly flt but does have a couple of short sharp ascents too. I did 3 laps of the park.
The journey back was much better but still not great. I decided to cross the river asap and just ride all the way along the embankment until I got to St Pauls Cathedral area then headed north to home. All can be seen on the Garmin link. I pushed it harder than my last rides, or I intended to but with all the traffic lights, getting lost and horrid roads it turned out to be a quite slow ride.

Garmin link ---> Long Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment